Tokio Marine Kiln (TMK) has closed its office in Birmingham, Insurance Age can reveal.
The move follows the firm’s decision to place its UK arm, Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance (TMKI), into run-off in order to focus on its Lloyd’s business.
TMK declined to comment when approached by Insurance Age.
The provider said in June that TMKI would stop accepting new business as of 1 July 2019.
Some jobs were placed at risk of redundancy, but it is understood that only a small number of roles will
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018