Aviva chief executive officer of general insurance, Colm Holmes, has hailed the provider’s “solid result” in its UK commercial lines business.
Holmes stated that the growth was driven in property and liability lines as well as commercial motor.
Aviva UK reported a 7% rise in premiums in commercial lines, but in personal lines premiums dropped by 1% for the first half of 2019.
Holmes described personal lines as a “choppy market”, adding: “We expect that to continue over the coming months
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018