The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has launched a consultation on proposed guidance for firms on the fair treatment of vulnerable customers.
The regulator detailed that it wants to see doing the right thing for vulnerable customers “deeply embedded in firms’ culture”.
According to the watchdog there are cases where firms are clearly failing to consider the needs of vulnerable consumers, leading to harm.
It called for more consistency across financial services sectors and said it would take
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018