Markerstudy has bought telematics broker Smart Driver Club Insurance, part of the Smart Driver Club Group, for an undisclosed sum.
The business will be added to Markerstudy’s retail and affinity division, adding a growing number of policies to its existing book.
In January, Markerstudy bought Co-op’s underwriting business and signed a 13 year agreement to distribute motor and home insurance products for a total of £185m.
Ross Barrington, Markerstudy retail and affinity managing director,
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?