Research commissioned by GoCompare Car Insurance, revealed that 50% of drivers think it should be illegal for insurers to reserve the best prices for new customers at the expense of loyal policyholders.
It also found most (61%) survey participants feel insurers treat their existing customers less favourably by charging those who renew their cover, higher prices than new customers.
The survey, which questioned 2,000 motorists, also learned that, at their last renewal, 62% of motorists allowed
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m