Research commissioned by GoCompare Car Insurance, revealed that 50% of drivers think it should be illegal for insurers to reserve the best prices for new customers at the expense of loyal policyholders.
It also found most (61%) survey participants feel insurers treat their existing customers less favourably by charging those who renew their cover, higher prices than new customers.
The survey, which questioned 2,000 motorists, also learned that, at their last renewal, 62% of motorists allowed
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product