Research commissioned by GoCompare Car Insurance, revealed that 50% of drivers think it should be illegal for insurers to reserve the best prices for new customers at the expense of loyal policyholders.
It also found most (61%) survey participants feel insurers treat their existing customers less favourably by charging those who renew their cover, higher prices than new customers.
The survey, which questioned 2,000 motorists, also learned that, at their last renewal, 62% of motorists allowed
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester