Axa’s director of schemes and MGAs John Heaney
What was the biggest story of the year?
Axa acquired XL Group, creating the number one P&C commercial lines player in the world.
What was the most memorable event?
The ‘Beast from the East’ in February and March. Burst pipes claims exploded but we were there to support homeowners and businesses when they needed it.
What was the biggest challenge for brokers in 2018?
Deciding who to sell their business to!
Allianz’s director of broker markets
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Broker Expo 2019: Q&A with Aviva's Dave Carey