There has been a lot of movement in the insurer market lately from management shake-ups to consolidation.
Examples of changes include Axa hiring Claudio Gienal as UK chief executive after Amanda Blanc moved to Zurich, and the Allianz and LV deal resulting in business moving between the two providers. We have also seen Axa buy XL Group.
In the last month things have ramped up even more; RSA, Aviva and Ageas all reported significant developments, demonstrating a degree of turmoil in the
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers