Axa has confirmed it has obtained all regulatory approvals needed to complete its purchase of XL Group.
The deal was first announced in March 2018 and will see Axa pay $15bn in cash (£11.1bn) for 100% of XL.
Axa stated that the acquisition is expected to close tomorrow (12 September).
XL, which bought Catlin in 2015, was founded in 1986. The group had $15bn of gross written premium (GWP) in 2017 and 7,400 employees.
The combination of the two insurers will, on 2016 figures, have property and
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure