Axa has confirmed it has obtained all regulatory approvals needed to complete its purchase of XL Group.
The deal was first announced in March 2018 and will see Axa pay $15bn in cash (£11.1bn) for 100% of XL.
Axa stated that the acquisition is expected to close tomorrow (12 September).
XL, which bought Catlin in 2015, was founded in 1986. The group had $15bn of gross written premium (GWP) in 2017 and 7,400 employees.
The combination of the two insurers will, on 2016 figures, have property and
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product