Axa has confirmed it has obtained all regulatory approvals needed to complete its purchase of XL Group.
The deal was first announced in March 2018 and will see Axa pay $15bn in cash (£11.1bn) for 100% of XL.
Axa stated that the acquisition is expected to close tomorrow (12 September).
XL, which bought Catlin in 2015, was founded in 1986. The group had $15bn of gross written premium (GWP) in 2017 and 7,400 employees.
The combination of the two insurers will, on 2016 figures, have property and
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover