Axa has confirmed it has obtained all regulatory approvals needed to complete its purchase of XL Group.
The deal was first announced in March 2018 and will see Axa pay $15bn in cash (£11.1bn) for 100% of XL.
Axa stated that the acquisition is expected to close tomorrow (12 September).
XL, which bought Catlin in 2015, was founded in 1986. The group had $15bn of gross written premium (GWP) in 2017 and 7,400 employees.
The combination of the two insurers will, on 2016 figures, have property and
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm