New rules will come into force around customers seeking premium finance from 1 November 2018, the Financial Conduct Authority has declared.
As of the start date providers will need to make a reasonable assessment of a customer’s ability to repay affordably. This goes above and beyond a credit check.
Both Premium Credit and Close Brothers Premium Finance (CBPF) told Insurance Age that they were ready for the changes.
“Essentially the FCA is going to implement everything they said they were
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure