The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has confirmed the government will delay its whiplash reform measures from 1 April 2019 to April 2020.
The news was delivered in an MoJ response to the Justice Select Committee’s report on Small Claims Limit for Personal Injury.
Parliament has been working on changes to legislation on whiplash claims for many years.
Initial proposals in the Prisons and Courts Bill were delayed by the snap general election in 2017, however were reintroduced in the Civil Liability
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews