The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has confirmed the government will delay its whiplash reform measures from 1 April 2019 to April 2020.
The news was delivered in an MoJ response to the Justice Select Committee’s report on Small Claims Limit for Personal Injury.
Parliament has been working on changes to legislation on whiplash claims for many years.
Initial proposals in the Prisons and Courts Bill were delayed by the snap general election in 2017, however were reintroduced in the Civil Liability
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1