According to sources, on the menu are: Aviva, QBE, RSA and Zurich.
Unsurprisingly everyone is refusing to comment on “rumour and speculation”.
Allianz had long been tipped as ready to snap up XL, but in the end Axa jumped the queue and got the deal done.
This left Allianz’s CEO Oliver Bäte outside the restaurant missing the party with his nose pressed up against the window. And somewhat frustrated.
There is no doubt that the German insurer has considerable financial firepower and could
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders