According to sources, on the menu are: Aviva, QBE, RSA and Zurich.
Unsurprisingly everyone is refusing to comment on “rumour and speculation”.
Allianz had long been tipped as ready to snap up XL, but in the end Axa jumped the queue and got the deal done.
This left Allianz’s CEO Oliver Bäte outside the restaurant missing the party with his nose pressed up against the window. And somewhat frustrated.
There is no doubt that the German insurer has considerable financial firepower and could
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand