A ghost broker has been jailed for attempting to steal over £321,000 by selling 21 fake car insurance policies and making 18 fraudulent motor insurance claims for fictional car accidents.
This follows an investigation by the City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED), with support from the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and multiple insurance companies.
Abdul Hakim, 27, of Thorney Hill Close, Oldham, pleaded guilty to all charges of fraud by false representation and
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018