Composite Legal Expenses has bought the business and assets of York-based firm General Legal Protection (GLP) for an undisclosed sum.
Cardiff-based Composite, which has been a wholly owned subsidiary of AmTrust since 2015, stated that the deal underlined its commitment to growth.
It detailed that GLP will continue to operate under its own brand following the completion of the deal and that the team will remain in the office in York, led by branch manager André Scruton.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders