Start-up bike insurer Laka has launched a bike insurance product, co-built and financially backed by Zurich, with the aim to “challenge the conventional insurance model”.
The business uses a pooled payment calculation model, and according to Laka it only earns fees when it is settling claims, while no upfront payments or premiums are paid by the consumer.
The start-up explained that at the end of each month claims are settled as part of a group risk pool plus a fee, adding that the payment wil
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- Moving away from brokers would be a “major dereliction of duty”, says Phil Bayles
- Broker Network buys Saffron Insurance
- Colm Holmes swaps Aviva UK post for Canada
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor