Start-up bike insurer Laka has launched a bike insurance product, co-built and financially backed by Zurich, with the aim to “challenge the conventional insurance model”.
The business uses a pooled payment calculation model, and according to Laka it only earns fees when it is settling claims, while no upfront payments or premiums are paid by the consumer.
The start-up explained that at the end of each month claims are settled as part of a group risk pool plus a fee, adding that the payment wil
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark