Start-up bike insurer Laka has launched a bike insurance product, co-built and financially backed by Zurich, with the aim to “challenge the conventional insurance model”.
The business uses a pooled payment calculation model, and according to Laka it only earns fees when it is settling claims, while no upfront payments or premiums are paid by the consumer.
The start-up explained that at the end of each month claims are settled as part of a group risk pool plus a fee, adding that the payment wil
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- CII investigating disciplinary action for Paul Asplin after conviction
- Resisting Toba change would be “lunacy” – Tim Ryan
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- Biba launches industry standardised Toba template
- Brokerbility targeting up to 10 new members
- One Broker axes KTIB brand