Start-up bike insurer Laka has launched a bike insurance product, co-built and financially backed by Zurich, with the aim to “challenge the conventional insurance model”.
The business uses a pooled payment calculation model, and according to Laka it only earns fees when it is settling claims, while no upfront payments or premiums are paid by the consumer.
The start-up explained that at the end of each month claims are settled as part of a group risk pool plus a fee, adding that the payment wil
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin