Britons under-insure their home contents by more than £255bn, meaning many would struggle to replace their belongings should disaster fall - and are at risk of invalidating their policy - a survey commissioned by Axa has revealed. The average home's contents are insured for just under £29,000, more than £9,000 less than the average value placed by consumers on their home contents at just under £38,000.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017