Insurers with exposure to a large number of personal injury claims could face a credit downgrade from ratings agencies as the uncertainty created by periodical payment orders (PPO) takes its toll.
Ratings agency Moody’s delivered the warning as PPOs, where the long-term injured receive an initial lump sum award together with regular payments to cover ongoing medical care costs, are becoming increasingly common.
“The uncertain and long-tailed nature of PPO liabilities exposes general insurers to t
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute