There have been big changes to insurance law this year, all of which impact commercial insurance brokers.
Three key pieces of legislation have come to the fore: the Insurance Act, the Enterprise Act and the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act.
Insurance law specialists have seen an increase in enquiries from brokers about the three acts. Stephen Netherway, partner and head of FIS Insurance Sector Group at legal firm CMS, advises that “all of the large broking houses have been in touch,
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices