There have been big changes to insurance law this year, all of which impact commercial insurance brokers.
Three key pieces of legislation have come to the fore: the Insurance Act, the Enterprise Act and the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act.
Insurance law specialists have seen an increase in enquiries from brokers about the three acts. Stephen Netherway, partner and head of FIS Insurance Sector Group at legal firm CMS, advises that “all of the large broking houses have been in touch,
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services