Insurers' methods of claims handling are insensitive, encourage fraud and damage the reputation of the industry, the head of a claims company has alleged.
Gabrielle Stewart, founding director of Absolute Customer Management made the claims as she prepared to address the FraudWorld conference on 'Fraud Investigation vs Customer Service'.
Ms Stewart said that when dealing with high risk and high emotion claims, insurance companies needed to be delicate in their questioning: "I've never been happ
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future