Insurers' methods of claims handling are insensitive, encourage fraud and damage the reputation of the industry, the head of a claims company has alleged.
Gabrielle Stewart, founding director of Absolute Customer Management made the claims as she prepared to address the FraudWorld conference on 'Fraud Investigation vs Customer Service'.
Ms Stewart said that when dealing with high risk and high emotion claims, insurance companies needed to be delicate in their questioning: "I've never been
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business