Local authorities are having to pay out on average #250,000 forfraudulent claims each year - which add up to a combined cost of #1bn inpersonal injuries and accidents that never happened.
Research by Alarm, the local-authority risk managers' association, hasfound that the #1bn figure covers only the cost of actual payouts, anddoes not take into account the costs of investigation and defence - whichpush the figure up to several billion pounds' worth of money that could bespent on improving pub
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April