Thompson & Co has completed a management buyout backed by Ataraxia Broking, Insurance Age can reveal.
The deal for an undisclosed sum saw existing shareholders of the family-owned broker reduce their stake in the firm, allowing others in the existing management team to increase their holdings.
In addition, Ataraxia became a minority shareholder in the West Midlands-based business.
The deal was completed on 28 August, and the investor noted it would give the owners the “comfort of
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected