Thompson & Co has completed a management buyout backed by Ataraxia Broking, Insurance Age can reveal.
The deal for an undisclosed sum saw existing shareholders of the family-owned broker reduce their stake in the firm, allowing others in the existing management team to increase their holdings.
In addition, Ataraxia became a minority shareholder in the West Midlands-based business.
The deal was completed on 28 August, and the investor noted it would give the owners the “comfort of
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit