Thompson & Co has completed a management buyout backed by Ataraxia Broking, Insurance Age can reveal.
The deal for an undisclosed sum saw existing shareholders of the family-owned broker reduce their stake in the firm, allowing others in the existing management team to increase their holdings.
In addition, Ataraxia became a minority shareholder in the West Midlands-based business.
The deal was completed on 28 August, and the investor noted it would give the owners the “comfort of
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey