Thompson & Co has completed a management buyout backed by Ataraxia Broking, Insurance Age can reveal.
The deal for an undisclosed sum saw existing shareholders of the family-owned broker reduce their stake in the firm, allowing others in the existing management team to increase their holdings.
In addition, Ataraxia became a minority shareholder in the West Midlands-based business.
The deal was completed on 28 August, and the investor noted it would give the owners the “comfort of k
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover