“I was mentally hurt by the demise of Towergate,” Peter Cullum admits.
After the financial implosion of 2014/15 it is easy to forget just what the business had achieved.
From an office in Hornchurch, Cullum and his team built an empire stretching the length and breadth of the country controlling billions of pounds of GWP and employing thousands of people. While it had its troubles it never went the way of, say, Woolworths, clients were always served and jobs were safeguarded.
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018