The total number of fraudulent claims and applications detected rose by 3% to 469,000 in 2018, with their value up 6%, according to figures from the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
The organisation reported that 1,300 insurance scams were uncovered every day, with the average con valued at £12,000. According to the ABI, the value of the detected dishonest claims was £1.2bn, down slightly from the £1.3bn reported last year.
The insurer trade body said the equivalent of two cheats every
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management