Hastings Group posted declining profit and a deteriorating COR according to its figures for the first half of 2019.
The provider revealed that adjusted operating profit dropped to £59.7m (30 June 2018: £105.1m). Adjusted operating profit on a like for like basis, before the impact of the Ogden rate change in 2019 as well as additional input VAT recoverable in 2018, would have been £68.1m.
On the underwriting side of the business COR also deteriorated to 96.9% from 87.7% in the same period in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018