Brokers are not worried by the decision of Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance (TMKI) to enter run-off.
However, experts said there were growing concerns that the move, in addition to other insurers pulling out of certain business lines, such as RSA and Aspen Risk Management, could limit capacity in the market.
James Sellers, Birmingham branch director at Lorica Insurance Brokers, discussed the consequences: “It reduces the number of markets available to us so, if anything, it’s going to continue to
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues