HM Revenue & Customs has launched a call for evidence on the operation of the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) and changes that may help to ensure it operates “fairly and efficiently”.
The review was first announced in the 2019 Spring Statement by Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond and the consultation will close on 17 July 2019.
The call for evidence will look at how the administration and collection of IPT can be modernised as well as the extent to which there are emerging practices
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years