Insurance industry experts, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand have launched a new international and specialty insurer and reinsurer, Convex Group.
Convex has $1.8bn (approx. £1.4bn) of capital and will use $1.6bn (approx. £1.2bn)) for the initial start and then use further capital to help it expand.
The firm will operate in both London and Bermuda and has been awarded an A.M. rating of A- (Excellent).
Convex stated that it will underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing