Insurance industry experts, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand have launched a new international and specialty insurer and reinsurer, Convex Group.
Convex has $1.8bn (approx. £1.4bn) of capital and will use $1.6bn (approx. £1.2bn)) for the initial start and then use further capital to help it expand.
The firm will operate in both London and Bermuda and has been awarded an A.M. rating of A- (Excellent).
Convex stated that it will underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals