Customer trust in the home and motor insurance market has fallen according to a paper published by research agency Consumer Intelligence.
The total trust score for home insurers as a whole has slipped to 7.7 this year from 8.0 previously while for motor the score has dropped to 7.7 from 7.9. The average trust score for the top 10 in home was 8.1 and 8.0 in motor. Nearly 50,000 customers were asked to rank providers.
Ian Hughes, Consumer Intelligence chief executive, said: “There is a
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings