QBE European Operations has posted a 4% rise in gross written premium (GWP) in 2018 to £3.27bn.
The insurer also reported an insurance profit of £237m for the year, which is down from the £256m profit it achieved in 2017.
Meanwhile, combined operating ratio for the European business, which includes the UK operations, improved to 94.8% in 2018 (2017: 95.2%).
The provider further detailed that net earned premium had increased by 5% to £2.63bn, while its underwriting result rose by 13% to £137m.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m