QBE European Operations has posted a 4% rise in gross written premium (GWP) in 2018 to £3.27bn.
The insurer also reported an insurance profit of £237m for the year, which is down from the £256m profit it achieved in 2017.
Meanwhile, combined operating ratio for the European business, which includes the UK operations, improved to 94.8% in 2018 (2017: 95.2%).
The provider further detailed that net earned premium had increased by 5% to £2.63bn, while its underwriting result rose by 13% to £137m.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product