The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Gibraltar-based Horizon Insurance Company in default on 19 December 2018.
The declaration followed the Supreme Court of Gibraltar appointing Freddie White of Grant Thornton as administrator for the motor insurance company.
The FSCS detailed that Grant Thornton will deal with the management and settlement of any claims that arise from insurance policies that Horizon issued.
Horizon was launched as a private motor insurer
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings