The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Gibraltar-based Horizon Insurance Company in default on 19 December 2018.
The declaration followed the Supreme Court of Gibraltar appointing Freddie White of Grant Thornton as administrator for the motor insurance company.
The FSCS detailed that Grant Thornton will deal with the management and settlement of any claims that arise from insurance policies that Horizon issued.
Horizon was launched as a private motor insurer
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns