The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Gibraltar-based Horizon Insurance Company in default on 19 December 2018.
The declaration followed the Supreme Court of Gibraltar appointing Freddie White of Grant Thornton as administrator for the motor insurance company.
The FSCS detailed that Grant Thornton will deal with the management and settlement of any claims that arise from insurance policies that Horizon issued.
Horizon was launched as a private motor insurer
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn