The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Gibraltar-based Horizon Insurance Company in default on 19 December 2018.
The declaration followed the Supreme Court of Gibraltar appointing Freddie White of Grant Thornton as administrator for the motor insurance company.
The FSCS detailed that Grant Thornton will deal with the management and settlement of any claims that arise from insurance policies that Horizon issued.
Horizon was launched as a private motor insurer
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto