AmTrust is to exit the UK liability market, Insurance Age can reveal.
According to sources brokers were informed by the insurer on Friday (23 November) that it was to cease its operations in the UK liability market .
Insurance Age understands that its UK liability book is now set to go into run-off in January 2019.
According to the AmTrust website its liability offering includes:Employers’ liability Public liability Product liability
Its target areas include contracting, light
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA