Markerstudy has been tipped as the frontrunner to buy Co-op Insurance in what is rumoured to be a £300m sale.
Sky News reported that discussions between the providers were at an advanced stage. However, at the time of writing (5 November), a deal was yet to be reached.
According to the report The AA, Aviva, RSA Insurance and Saga had also been interested in a potential deal.
It was also stated that if a deal with Markerstudy does not transpire that the Co-op may look to
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers