Markerstudy has been tipped as the frontrunner to buy Co-op Insurance in what is rumoured to be a £300m sale.
Sky News reported that discussions between the providers were at an advanced stage. However, at the time of writing (5 November), a deal was yet to be reached.
According to the report The AA, Aviva, RSA Insurance and Saga had also been interested in a potential deal.
It was also stated that if a deal with Markerstudy does not transpire that the Co-op may look to
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure