RSA Insurance has warned that its UK underwriting business has suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
The combined operating ratio for the UK and London market business deteriorated to 110%, with the insurer’s marine portfolio taking the largest hit.
In an unscheduled update to the London Stock Exchange today (28 September), RSA stated that the results were driven by an increase in weather-related claims.
The firm reported that it had performed better internationally, but that
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs