RSA Insurance has warned that its UK underwriting business has suffered a loss of £70m in the third quarter of 2018.
The combined operating ratio for the UK and London market business deteriorated to 110%, with the insurer’s marine portfolio taking the largest hit.
In an unscheduled update to the London Stock Exchange today (28 September), RSA stated that the results were driven by an increase in weather-related claims.
The firm reported that it had performed better internationally, but that
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK