For months now I have been told repeatedly the same thing: ‘Did you know Ageas is for sale?’
When pressed these rumour-mongers have had little evidence to back up their speculation, nor do they even know whether it is the whole business or a part such as the UK which is for sale.
Regardless, the story has had a life of its own.
“Why would [UK CEO] Andy Watson still be there after years of losses, if it was not for sale? Surely, they are waiting for the new owner to bring their own team in,”
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning