For months now I have been told repeatedly the same thing: ‘Did you know Ageas is for sale?’
When pressed these rumour-mongers have had little evidence to back up their speculation, nor do they even know whether it is the whole business or a part such as the UK which is for sale.
Regardless, the story has had a life of its own.
“Why would [UK CEO] Andy Watson still be there after years of losses, if it was not for sale? Surely, they are waiting for the new owner to bring their own team in,”
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA