The AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index has revealed that average quoted premiums for buildings cover rose by 2.3% to £119.79 in the second quarter of 2018.
The increase pushed the annual rise up to 5.9%.
According to the company contents cover rose by 1% over the three months but has still fallen 1.7% year-on-year to £60.72.
The ‘Shoparound’ benchmark is calculated by creating a fixed nationwide basket of risks and then taking an average from the five cheapest quotes given by
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings