The AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index has revealed that average quoted premiums for buildings cover rose by 2.3% to £119.79 in the second quarter of 2018.
The increase pushed the annual rise up to 5.9%.
According to the company contents cover rose by 1% over the three months but has still fallen 1.7% year-on-year to £60.72.
The ‘Shoparound’ benchmark is calculated by creating a fixed nationwide basket of risks and then taking an average from the five cheapest quotes given by
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- Circle expands again in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal