The AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index has revealed that average quoted premiums for buildings cover rose by 2.3% to £119.79 in the second quarter of 2018.
The increase pushed the annual rise up to 5.9%.
According to the company contents cover rose by 1% over the three months but has still fallen 1.7% year-on-year to £60.72.
The ‘Shoparound’ benchmark is calculated by creating a fixed nationwide basket of risks and then taking an average from the five cheapest quotes given by
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal