The AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index has revealed that average quoted premiums for buildings cover rose by 2.3% to £119.79 in the second quarter of 2018.
The increase pushed the annual rise up to 5.9%.
According to the company contents cover rose by 1% over the three months but has still fallen 1.7% year-on-year to £60.72.
The ‘Shoparound’ benchmark is calculated by creating a fixed nationwide basket of risks and then taking an average from the five cheapest quotes given by
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK