The AA British Insurance Premium ‘Shoparound’ Index has revealed that average quoted premiums for buildings cover rose by 2.3% to £119.79 in the second quarter of 2018.
The increase pushed the annual rise up to 5.9%.
According to the company contents cover rose by 1% over the three months but has still fallen 1.7% year-on-year to £60.72.
The ‘Shoparound’ benchmark is calculated by creating a fixed nationwide basket of risks and then taking an average from the five cheapest quotes given by
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role