UK drivers and hauliers will not have to apply or pay for ‘Green Card’ documentation from insurers when they travel in an EU member state after Brexit, the Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed in a letter to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the British Insurance Brokers Association (Biba).
The DfT confirmed the intention to remain part of the Green Card-free circulation area and to ensure the UK meets the requirements for third party motor insurance.
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA