UK drivers and hauliers will not have to apply or pay for ‘Green Card’ documentation from insurers when they travel in an EU member state after Brexit, the Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed in a letter to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the British Insurance Brokers Association (Biba).
The DfT confirmed the intention to remain part of the Green Card-free circulation area and to ensure the UK meets the requirements for third party motor insurance.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA