UK drivers and hauliers will not have to apply or pay for ‘Green Card’ documentation from insurers when they travel in an EU member state after Brexit, the Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed in a letter to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the British Insurance Brokers Association (Biba).
The DfT confirmed the intention to remain part of the Green Card-free circulation area and to ensure the UK meets the requirements for third party motor insurance.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move