Brokers have rushed to respond to taxi insurance customers affected by the collapse of unrated Danish insurer Alpha Insurance.
Alpha policyholders, including a large amount of taxi drivers, were suddenly left uninsured on 8 May when Alpha was declared bankrupt after a filing by its liquidators.
A-Plan chief executive officer Carl Shuker told Insurance Age that the broker had “a few policies” with Alpha, but that these had been replaced immediately.
“We had a handful on Alpha and they now have
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm