Brokers have rushed to respond to taxi insurance customers affected by the collapse of unrated Danish insurer Alpha Insurance.
Alpha policyholders, including a large amount of taxi drivers, were suddenly left uninsured on 8 May when Alpha was declared bankrupt after a filing by its liquidators.
A-Plan chief executive officer Carl Shuker told Insurance Age that the broker had “a few policies” with Alpha, but that these had been replaced immediately.
“We had a handful on Alpha and they now have
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning