Brokers have rushed to respond to taxi insurance customers affected by the collapse of unrated Danish insurer Alpha Insurance.
Alpha policyholders, including a large amount of taxi drivers, were suddenly left uninsured on 8 May when Alpha was declared bankrupt after a filing by its liquidators.
A-Plan chief executive officer Carl Shuker told Insurance Age that the broker had “a few policies” with Alpha, but that these had been replaced immediately.
“We had a handful on Alpha and they now have
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing