LV has cut its workforce by 400 over the last 12 months as part of a plan to reduce costs by £40m by 2018.
It is believed that the workforce reduction was done mostly by “natural attrition”. Money Marketing originally reported there have been a “small proportion” of redundancies.
Insurance Age understands there has not been a voluntary redundancy programme.
A spokesperson confirmed: “The £40m cost reduction programme was mentioned in today’s H1 results and as part of that we have b
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa