At the recent UK Broker Summit one thing that struck me was the cynicism among some delegates towards the potential for insurtech and digital to have any long lasting impact on the broking market.
As delegates eloquently put it, they have built up businesses based on professional staff giving advice and guidance to clients face-to-face, building up relationships over years to a point where price is not the be-all and end-all in terms of priorities when it comes to choosing cover.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m