When Jack Straw first introduced his private members bill on motor insurance regulation, it came in a period of soaring premiums and resulted in a wave of publicity.
At the time most of the focus was on referral fees, with the insurance industry coming under the spotlight for its “dirty little secret”.
In turn, brokers may have been bewildered by the constant analysis of the motor insurance industry by the powers that be. Over the past year the Ministry of Justice has moved to ban referral fees,
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal