When Jack Straw first introduced his private members bill on motor insurance regulation, it came in a period of soaring premiums and resulted in a wave of publicity.
At the time most of the focus was on referral fees, with the insurance industry coming under the spotlight for its “dirty little secret”.
In turn, brokers may have been bewildered by the constant analysis of the motor insurance industry by the powers that be. Over the past year the Ministry of Justice has moved to ban referral fees,
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five