Broking success: National ambition

russel-lane-jmb-0119

▶ What is the history of Brunel?

I set up in October 2005, just myself, and now fast-forward 10 years we’ve got 55 people and £25m in gross written premium. In terms of the business it’s 98% professional indemnity (PI) insurance, that’s our specialist subject. The other 2% is liability, including directors and officers’ and cyber. We’ve had 10 years of straight growth since we started.

▶ How did you get started in insurance?

I started when I was 18, working for a professional indemnity brokerage

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected].

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have an Insurance Age account, please register now.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: