▶ What is the history of Brunel?
I set up in October 2005, just myself, and now fast-forward 10 years we’ve got 55 people and £25m in gross written premium. In terms of the business it’s 98% professional indemnity (PI) insurance, that’s our specialist subject. The other 2% is liability, including directors and officers’ and cyber. We’ve had 10 years of straight growth since we started.
▶ How did you get started in insurance?
I started when I was 18, working for a professional indemnity brokerage
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five