It never rains but it pours laments the cliché.
And this was certainly the case for insurers towards the back end of 2013. Mid-way through autumn they would have been forgiven for hoping that the relatively benign weather would continue for the whole of the year, to the benefit of their household books.
Yet storm St Jude at the end of October and the heavy Christmas flooding that afflicted large swathes of Southern England put paid to such hopes.
Indeed, according to Das, the extreme weather
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?