It never rains but it pours laments the cliché.
And this was certainly the case for insurers towards the back end of 2013. Mid-way through autumn they would have been forgiven for hoping that the relatively benign weather would continue for the whole of the year, to the benefit of their household books.
Yet storm St Jude at the end of October and the heavy Christmas flooding that afflicted large swathes of Southern England put paid to such hopes.
Indeed, according to Das, the extreme weather
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product