It never rains but it pours laments the cliché.
And this was certainly the case for insurers towards the back end of 2013. Mid-way through autumn they would have been forgiven for hoping that the relatively benign weather would continue for the whole of the year, to the benefit of their household books.
Yet storm St Jude at the end of October and the heavy Christmas flooding that afflicted large swathes of Southern England put paid to such hopes.
Indeed, according to Das, the extreme weather
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin