So it is finally here – the long-awaited government guidance on the ‘adequate procedures’ that commercial organisations should put in place to prevent birbery.
Under the Bribery Act 2010 commercial organisations will be liable to prosecution if an associated person (employees, agents, subsidiaries or joint venture partners) bribes another person intending to obtain or retain business or an advantage for that organisation.
However, the act provides a statutory defence for the organisation if it
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?