The recent Insurance Age Fintech roundtable 'Innovation in Insurance' threw up some interesting concerns about the disadvantages of taking the lead on digital innovation in the insurance industry.
Reading between the lines it seems that some of these concerns centred on the fact that, unlike in other industries where being the first to embrace new technology is applauded, in the traditionally risk averse insurance market it is regarded as unnecessarily risky.
In a heavily regulated industry it s
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups