The recent Insurance Age Fintech roundtable 'Innovation in Insurance' threw up some interesting concerns about the disadvantages of taking the lead on digital innovation in the insurance industry.
Reading between the lines it seems that some of these concerns centred on the fact that, unlike in other industries where being the first to embrace new technology is applauded, in the traditionally risk averse insurance market it is regarded as unnecessarily risky.
In a heavily regulated industry it
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners