Yet the past couple of weeks have seen this widely-held view take a knock due to the emergence of several unsavoury stories in the consumer press.
First, it was the reported that ten insurance companies have been implicated in the use of the "rogue element of the private investigation industry".
This was shortly followed up with another story that a private investigator, who was jailed for his role in the unscrupulous investigator controversy, claimed that insurers for Lloyd's of London were am
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017