Yet the past couple of weeks have seen this widely-held view take a knock due to the emergence of several unsavoury stories in the consumer press.
First, it was the reported that ten insurance companies have been implicated in the use of the "rogue element of the private investigation industry".
This was shortly followed up with another story that a private investigator, who was jailed for his role in the unscrupulous investigator controversy, claimed that insurers for Lloyd's of London were am
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData