Yet the past couple of weeks have seen this widely-held view take a knock due to the emergence of several unsavoury stories in the consumer press.
First, it was the reported that ten insurance companies have been implicated in the use of the "rogue element of the private investigation industry".
This was shortly followed up with another story that a private investigator, who was jailed for his role in the unscrupulous investigator controversy, claimed that insurers for Lloyd's of London were
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey