They had the opportunity to use some of their experience to try and sell something that had the prospect of making money and growing in the future.
Interestingly, there were several different approaches. One was completely off the wall.
A couple were based around schemes that are already in the market place, where they felt they could get a distinct advantage, and a couple went into areas where they are currently nothing in the market place - which was particularly interesting.
Off the wall
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData