On 27 June 2009, a rocket carrying a NASA weather satellite sat on the launch pad at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, waiting for the weather to clear. Lift-off had initially been scheduled for the previous day, but thunderstorms in the area forced a 24-hour delay. At the time the rocket was being fuelled, chances for take-off were looking slim, but 23 minutes before the launch window was set to expire, the countdown began.
Among those watching in Florida that day was Chris Gibbs, a
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?