The construction insurance market is hardening, with brokers reporting difficulties in placing certain risks.
Experts have identified professional indemnity (PI) to be the biggest problem area within the sector, after a number of providers have pulled out or reduced their capacity in this line.
PI rates have also been affected by the fire in Grenfell Tower in June 2017, with many buildings now needing new cladding – a dangerous job requiring the right insurance cover.
However, according to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management