The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned of two unauthorised insurance brokers operating via Instagram – Cheap Insurance Broker and B1 Insurance.
The regulator flagged that both firms were targeting people in the UK and carrying on regulated activities which require authorisation.
According to the FCA, B1 Insurance is operating via a mobile phone number and an Instagram page, which at the time of writing is still active.
The page has 4,478 followers and has been active since June 2018
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018