The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has published indicative numbers illustrating how its levy will be distributed across firms in 2019/20.
According to the organisation, the top 110 firms, comprising 0.2% of the total levy paying population, will pay an average of £3m, which is almost 61% of the total levy bill.
Meanwhile, 59% of the 46,000 firms that will pay FSCS’s levy this year will pay less than £50.
The scheme added that more than 4,500 businesses will not pay any levy at
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews