Only 9.6% of brokers believe the economic climate is having a positive effect, down from 20% last year, according to Aviva’s latest Broker Barometer.
National brokers reported they are feeling the impact most, with 42% saying the current climate is bad for business.
In addition, brokers in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland were more concerned than brokers in England.
However, the number of brokers who feel there is no impact on their business has risen to 60.8% in 2019, from 51% a year ago
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?