Only 9.6% of brokers believe the economic climate is having a positive effect, down from 20% last year, according to Aviva’s latest Broker Barometer.
National brokers reported they are feeling the impact most, with 42% saying the current climate is bad for business.
In addition, brokers in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland were more concerned than brokers in England.
However, the number of brokers who feel there is no impact on their business has risen to 60.8% in 2019, from 51% a year ago
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m