Only 9.6% of brokers believe the economic climate is having a positive effect, down from 20% last year, according to Aviva’s latest Broker Barometer.
National brokers reported they are feeling the impact most, with 42% saying the current climate is bad for business.
In addition, brokers in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland were more concerned than brokers in England.
However, the number of brokers who feel there is no impact on their business has risen to 60.8% in 2019, from 51% a year ago
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move